Friday, August 28, 2009

Pity? Party of One?

I had a taste of a social life last weekend. I really liked it. Now I am sitting my butt on the couch trying to make plans for this weekend that include something other than the necessary evils (laundry, vacuuming, bathing the dogs) People keep coming up with stupid suggestions like "Oh, you should take the baby on a walk!" I have. I can only take her on so many walks- and that doesn't solve my need for social interaction.

I love being a stay at home mom- but I am sure that a certain amount of depression occurs when you are limited to conversation that is limited to "Let's go change your diapie" and "let's go check and see if it is time to wake up Daddy yet."

It is very odd that when I do get the rare opportunity to hang out with other adults- I have nothing to talk about other than my stay at home life. I find solace in hanging out with other mommies that like talking about their kids. Madison is all I seem to know anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but sometimes I miss my "pre-parenthood" life.

2 comments:

  1. We will have to plan more "playdates!"

    and in just a few short months... we can add a 4th to our threesome of you, me, and madison!

    ReplyDelete